[ cgl / g / mu ] [ index / top / reports / FAQ / DAAS / status / transparency / fuuka ] [ img-search ]
As Dark As My Soul v2 Yotsuba Green

/g/ - Technology (Full Images)

Now with more hardware failures. Any spare hardware to replace Dell OptiPlex 755?
View post   

File: 3.29 MB, 7680x4320, Screenshot from 2017-03-20 09-57-29.jpg [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
59502584 No. 59502584 [Reply] [Original]

Why haven't you installed Solus yet?

>> No. 59502596
File: 819 KB, 1920x1080, Screenshot from 2017-03-20 20-35-28.png [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
59502596

>>59502584
I have and I love it.

>> No. 59502746
File: 64 KB, 720x1280, Screenshot_2017-03-20-18-45-06-823_org.floens.chan.png [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
59502746

>> No. 59502779

>>59502746

So much negativity here.

>> No. 59502783

>>59502746
Good plan

>> No. 59502818

>>59502584
>>59502596
How shitty must your life be for you to keep making this thread over and over?

>> No. 59502820

>>59502584
Where can I buy a monitor with this resolution?

>> No. 59502838

I installed it but thought it was gay so I don't use it now.

>> No. 59502855

>>59502838
Hi Jordan. I'm sorry you thought that.

>> No. 59502856

>>59502584
>>59502596
Kevin, boy, please, just stop it and get a job.

>> No. 59502894

>>59502856
He's too busy posting hello world apps to his github.

>> No. 59502909
File: 1.47 MB, 450x540, tmp_138571489420203759312405312.gif [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
59502909

>>59502855
Are you... The original Kevin-senpai? (。>﹏<。)

>> No. 59502929

>>59502855
This is none free software stop pressuring people to use non free software.

>> No. 59502930

>>59502909
Yes.

>> No. 59502944

>>59502584
Because I can't change my daily OS three days a week tbqh.

>> No. 59502946 (Deleted) 
File: 1.69 MB, 991x1426, back2reddit.png [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
59502946

>>59502584
back to /r/teenagers kevin

>> No. 59502980

>>59502944
Then don't? I use Solus on my laptop and Windows 10 on my desktop.

>> No. 59502987
File: 66 KB, 206x369, 1488232597795.png [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
59502987

Because I own a Mac

>> No. 59502995

>>59502584
Why 8K though?

>> No. 59502997

>>59502987
Race Bannon from Johnny Quest?

>> No. 59503004

>>59502995
Because it's better than the 4k and especially the 5k meme.

>> No. 59503033

fuck off kevin

>> No. 59503044

>>59502584
>no xfce
>no cinnamon
>no clementine
>buggy af kodi
>fuck this not even gonna try steam
>empty forums, most issues unresolved
>minuscule community compared to any competent distro
>kevin

That's why.

>> No. 59503048

>>59502584
Wh... what size is your screen?

>> No. 59503057

did you buy a quantum computer to generate your trip codes

>> No. 59503064

>>59503048
15.6 inches.

>> No. 59503065

>>59502997
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIAx85XI2ik

>> No. 59503089

>>59503044
lol i have steam running IDIOT

>> No. 59503090

>>59502584
>8k
what a fucking retard you are. in 2 years you're gonna get 8k screens for a quarter of the price they are today.
also, I bet you turned scaling off for the screenshot to impress people. combined with that retard OS this makes you the ultimate faggot.

>> No. 59503096

>>59502584
what is it

>> No. 59503101

add me on snapchat kevinarefunny

>> No. 59503114
File: 32 KB, 400x400, Cmtv8-gm.jpg [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
59503114

>>59502584
>7680x4320
kek, 30Hz master race

>> No. 59503126

>>59503096
https://solus-project.com/

>> No. 59503131

>>59503089
Like I said, I couldn't even be bothered trying at that point, what a joke OS.

>> No. 59503160

>>59503131
try seriously, once you can get it going its a decent OS

>> No. 59503195

>>59502584
>pathetic support
>due to pathetic market share even for a linux system
>nothing that makes it stand out

why the fuck do people even bother with anything but Ubuntu? there's no point. this whole diversity shit is a major problem. this is what keeps
linux down.

>> No. 59503199

>>59502584
Because the only appealing thing about Solus is budgie, and if I wanted budgie, I would install budgie.

>> No. 59503204

Tell us what does it offer that is better than any other famous distribution. Sell it to us.

>> No. 59503221

>>59503199
>GTK
oh hell no

>> No. 59503256

>>59503160
I installed it, how much more seriously can I try it? It lacks everything I like about linux, namely choice. Budgie is shit, and now MATE? I seriously doubt the sanity of the 2 solus devs. They should just contribute to something worthwhile instead of this pipedream.

>> No. 59503259

>>59503221
Budgie 11 gonna be Qt and it's coming out Q2 of 2017.

>> No. 59503267

>>59503256
you're right
ubuntu can be smelly but is okay

>> No. 59503282

>>59502584
Because it's a retarded attempt at creating something new on the Linux market. The only thing that makes it different however is Budgie and I can have that on Ubuntu, which is an OS that people actually use. Market share is a huge factor in choosing a distro because more market share means better support. There is really no valid Linux Distribution other than Ubuntu.

>> No. 59503299

>>59502584
Fuck off Kevin

>> No. 59503300

>>59503259
Good to know. I really like it so far but GTK has always kept me on a safe distance.

>> No. 59503355

I don't understand what it does differently than any other generic desktop distribution. Why can't I just install budgie somewhere else? Why do I need another package manager? Why should I migrate?

>> No. 59503390
File: 1.38 MB, 1920x1080, isac's fourth pc.png [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
59503390

>>59502584
so, this is desktop thread

>> No. 59503400

>>59503355
This. Fuckers finally need to agree on one package manager, certain repos, etc...
ONE desktop distro would be enough. Maybe two, one for freetards, one for people.

>> No. 59503407

>>59502584
no x86 support

>> No. 59503445
File: 39 KB, 300x302, 1488064948709.jpg [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
59503445

>>59502584
Well kevin, you seem to have some pretty shit taste in music. Try listening to more than shitty pop punk. Then I'll retry your distro.

You can get more help with your music taste from your friends at 4chan.org/mu

>> No. 59503471

>>59502584
Can it get any more gay than this? Kys fucker.

>> No. 59503514
File: 8 KB, 824x101, kevin.png [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
59503514

>>59502584
KEVIN IS POSTING ON /r/TEENAGERS. HE IS UNDERAGE!

>> No. 59503602

>>59503514
https://www.reddit.com/u/kevinarefunny
this is actually him. he's 17 and visited Florida Polytechnic University 4 days ago

>> No. 59503620

>>59503602
Big if true.

>> No. 59503627

>>59503602
posted "install solus" in /r/linuxmemes as well. This is definitely his shit, I'm taking archives. Kevin's shitposting is finished.

>> No. 59503644

>>59502584
Only good thing in this thread ... is Linux support 8k like a champion.

>> No. 59503650

>>59502584
Because I can get Budgie Desktop on Gentoo using the Sabayon overlay.

Though I might have to reconsidered DEs considering Budgie is switching to Qt instead of GTK+ and I happen to like GTK+ themes.

>> No. 59503660
File: 258 KB, 414x521, trunmp.png [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
59503660

just stopping in to post my one solus-related image

>> No. 59503891
File: 780 KB, 1440x2560, Kevin's wet dream.png [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
59503891

>>59503445

>> No. 59503952
File: 739 KB, 1137x1154, 20170320_221201.png [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
59503952

>>59503891
Whoops

>> No. 59504064
File: 294 KB, 2744x907, kevin part 1.png [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
59504064

>>59502584

>> No. 59504079
File: 491 KB, 2744x926, kevin part 2.png [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
59504079

>>59504064
>>59502584
MODS

>> No. 59504094

>>59504064
>>59504079
https://dev.solus-project.com/people/manage/494/

>> No. 59504113

>>59504079
>>59504064
accounts include one of the same picture and name on github as well. Keep in mind that he mentions solus as well.

>>59504094
More profiles.

>> No. 59504138

>>59504064
>>59504079

Kevin is actually a 42 year old from Boise names Samuel Tucluk. He stole the identity of the real Kevin to get away from child support several years back, and basically has been using it as an online persona ever since. It was more or less confirmed a couple threads back, I'm to lazy to search it up right now but it shouldn't be hard to find.

>> No. 59504156

>>59504138
If you can post that then please do.

>> No. 59504195

>>59504138
nice try kevin

>> No. 59504757
File: 433 KB, 899x900, kevin.jpg [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
59504757

>>59504064
>>59504079
kevin has been confirmed for underage months ago, pic related, it's him

>> No. 59505071

>>59502584
because it has systemd

Duh

>> No. 59505268

>>59502584
>>59502596
>>59502855
>>59502930
>>59502980
>>59502997
>>59503004
>>59503064
>>59503126
>>59503259
>>59503620
Samefag

>> No. 59505307

>>59504757
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw2qviFnEKE

>> No. 59505353

>>59505071
You say that like it's a bad thing

>> No. 59505617
File: 2.32 MB, 4160x3120, IMG_20150428_154643.jpg [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
59505617

>>59502584
neofetch
>1920x1080
>nvidida

screenfetch
>7680x4320
>intel graphics mobile

what is going on here?

>> No. 59505743
File: 1.88 MB, 1920x1080, Xubuntu_ricing.png [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
59505743

>he's a purposeless memefag
>he doesn't respect the Linux Foundation
>he doesn't install Xubuntu and rice it
>he refuses to breathe the air of freedom
>he sucks silicon valley billionaires cocks
>he gets spit on by internet freedom fighters

are you for real?

>> No. 59507808
File: 894 KB, 1366x768, Screenshot from 2017-03-21 15-19-49.png [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
59507808

because it's shit

>> No. 59508801

>>59505617
The nvidia gpu isn't powerful enough to run anything passed 1080p, whereas the intel igpu can run 8k perfectly fine.

>> No. 59508832
File: 141 KB, 1776x544, kevinos.jpg [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
59508832

>> No. 59508861

>>59502820
You buy four 4k monitors obviously.

Or shell out $5k for Dell's new offering, coming "this spring".

>> No. 59508866

>>59502584
i will only do it if you pay me for it

>> No. 59508986

>>59502584

fuck, i thought we were done with this threads...

>> No. 59509247
File: 3.04 MB, 518x518, Trump Gold.gif [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
59509247

>>59508986
Why would we be?
>>59508866
Here

>> No. 59509275

>>59502894
kek

>> No. 59509278

>>59502894
You got me.

>> No. 59509284

>>59502584
Still waiting for devuan to be finished.

>> No. 59509347

>>59502894
https://github.com/kevinarefunny/rust

>> No. 59509360

>>59509284
lol

>> No. 59509417

>>59507808
*tips fedora*

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Action