Donations to the archive would be appreciated to help fund our server hardware & storage drives. We are looking for developers to help build new software and archives, discuss here.

/aicg/ - AI Chatbot General

No.100194019 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
46 posts and 8 images omitted

No.100193505 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
What's the equivalent of Linux's

mitigations=off

On this bad boy?
11 posts and 2 images omitted

No.100193616 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
19 posts and 4 images omitted

/spg/ - Smartphone General

No.100166323 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
Xperia 5 V edition.

>What phone has X and Y feature?
Don't ask, use these!
https://www.gsmarena.com/search.php3
https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
https://phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&s=query

Good Resources:
https://www.gsmarena.com
https://www.phonearena.com
https://www.notebookcheck.net

https://www.frequencycheck.com
https://kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
https://willmyphonework.net

https://phonesized.com/
https://www.phonearena.com/phones/size

https://www.xda-developers.com/

https://github.com/0x192/universal-android-debloater

https://f-droid.org/

https://plexus.techlore.tech/

https://gearjail.neocities.org/

https://pastebin.com/GMxbc1XB

https://trygalaxy.com

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Anyone aggressively promoting iPhone is an underage micropenis shill who should be ignored
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how many shekels you spent on a good/bad phone

268 posts and 60 images omitted

No.100189820 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Why did Laserdisc fail?
27 posts and 2 images omitted

No.100188888 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
Why does /g/ hate Python so goddamn much. I always see threads shitting on this great language, if it's not a shitting thread people always come to shit on the lenguage.

What makes it so bad?
75 posts and 7 images omitted

/fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread

No.100190766 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about GNU/Linux and share their experiences.

*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread ***

Before asking for help, please check our list of resources.

If you would like to try out GNU/Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine.
1) Use a live image and to boot directly into the GNU/Linux distribution without installing anything.
2) Dual boot the GNU/Linux distribution of your choice along with Windows or macOS.
3) Go balls deep and replace everything with GNU/Linux.

Resources: Please spend at least a minute to check a web search engine with your question.
*Many free software projects have active mailing lists.

$ man %command%
$ info %command%
$ %command% -h/--help
$ help %builtin/keyword%

Don't know what to look for?
$ apropos %something%

Check the Wikis (most troubleshoots work for all distros):
https://wiki.archlinux.org
https://wiki.gentoo.org

/g/'s Wiki on GNU/Linux:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Category:GNU/Linux

https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/list_of_applications
https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Main_Page
https://www.commandlinefu.com/commands/browse
https://cheat.sh/
https://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide
https://www.grymoire.com/Unix/
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html
>How to break out of the botnet?
https://prism-break.org/en/categories/gnu-linux

/fglt/'s website and copypasta collection:
https://fglt.nl && https://p.teknik.io/wJ9Zy

/t/'s GNU/Linux Games: >>>/t/1175569

IRC: #sqt on Libera.Chat
https://fglt.nl/irc.html

56 posts and 5 images omitted

No.100191059 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
The leaders of the world sat down around a secret table
There was a threat to human kind they must defend against
To fight against Godzillas they just simply were not able
Doom robots from the future could be met with no defense

The leader of the Germans stood with a triumphant roar
"I've got it! We shall build a machine that's totally great!"
"A massive steel leviathan with blades covered in gore"
Beelzebub himself will fear the Bagger 288

Bagger 288, Bagger 288, Bagger Bagger
Bagger 288, Bagger 288, Bagger Bagger
Bagger 288, Bagger 288, Bagger Bagger
Bagger Bagger Bagger Bagger Bagger Bagger Bagger Bagger

Ahh!

The Bagger 288 is there to safeguard all mankind
The Bagger 288 wreaks total utter devastation
The Bagger 288 contains an artificial mind
This mind is full of hatred, violence is its sole vocation

This monstrous murderous machine can never be defeated
Its seething wrath and urge for blood are fueled by searing hate
Any person who gets in its way is soon to be de-meated
Beelzebub himself now fears the Bagger 288

Bagger 288, Bagger 288, Bagger Bagger
Bagger 288, Bagger 288, Bagger Bagger
Bagger 288, Bagger 288, Bagger Bagger
Bagger Bagger Bagger Bagger Bagger Bagger Bagger Bagger

Psst, wanna know what?

Bagger 288, Bagger 288, Bagger Bagger
Bagger 288, Bagger 288, Bagger Bagger
Bagger 288, Bagger 288, Bagger Bagger
Bagger Bagger Bagger Bagger Bagger Bagger Bagger Bagger

Ahh!
1 post omitted

Kindle paperwhite

No.100192817 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>latest edition is from 2021
What is taking them so long for a refresh? Is there even any news on a 2024 version?
20 posts omitted

/twg/ - Tech Workers General

No.100190976 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
In my country, lot of companies have this practice of gaslighting people they're about to get rid off not by firing or layoffing, but pretending that the worker need to hand their own resignation letter. This way, the company doesn't have to pay anything to the worker on their way out, including his latest salary.

Tips and interview practice: https://blog.interviewing.io/

>Salary Stuff
"What's your expected salary?": https://www.fearlesssalarynegotiation.com/salary-expectations-interview-question/
Negotiation advice: https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/how-not-to-bomb-your-offer-negotiation-c46bb9bc7dea/
Salary data: https://levels.fyi/

Don't disclose your current salary to recruiters.

https://layoffs.fyi/

>Helpful YouTube Channels
they're all grifters but here are some
https://www.youtube.com/@ContinuousDelivery