Donations to the archive would be appreciated to help fund our server hardware & storage drives. We are looking for developers to help build new software and archives, discuss here.

/fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread

No.100152520 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about GNU/Linux and share their experiences.

*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread ***

Before asking for help, please check our list of resources.

If you would like to try out GNU/Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine.
1) Use a live image and to boot directly into the GNU/Linux distribution without installing anything.
2) Dual boot the GNU/Linux distribution of your choice along with Windows or macOS.
3) Go balls deep and replace everything with GNU/Linux.

Resources: Please spend at least a minute to check a web search engine with your question.
*Many free software projects have active mailing lists.

$ man %command%
$ info %command%
$ %command% -h/--help
$ help %builtin/keyword%

Don't know what to look for?
$ apropos %something%

Check the Wikis (most troubleshoots work for all distros):
https://wiki.archlinux.org
https://wiki.gentoo.org

/g/'s Wiki on GNU/Linux:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Category:GNU/Linux

https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/list_of_applications
https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Main_Page
https://www.commandlinefu.com/commands/browse
https://cheat.sh/
https://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide
https://www.grymoire.com/Unix/
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html
>How to break out of the botnet?
https://prism-break.org/en/categories/gnu-linux

/fglt/'s website and copypasta collection:
https://fglt.nl && https://p.teknik.io/wJ9Zy

/t/'s GNU/Linux Games: >>>/t/1175569

IRC: #sqt on Libera.Chat
https://fglt.nl/irc.html

308 posts and 54 images omitted

No.100171579 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
This is what the establishment fears.
10 posts and 1 image omitted

No.100168483 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Catholicism is Windows
Eastern Orthodoxy is macOS
Protestantism is the +1000 flavors of Linux
26 posts and 5 images omitted

/aicg/ - AI Chatbot General

No.100168428 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
452 posts and 62 images omitted

No.100170859 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Why were 64 bit CPUs such a big deal in 2003 when Nintendo already mass-produced them in 1996?
39 posts and 3 images omitted

No.100165474 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
ITT you are the CEO of StackOverflow, how do you make more money now that LLMs are cutting into your profits?

I say we gamify the website.
>add a virtual currency, loot boxes/gacha mechanics, and a f2p live service model
>add paid cosmetics which you can add to your profile
>each season we will have a battle pass
>add several premium subscription tiers
>do collabs with famous IPs, like John Wick, Family Guy, Dragonball, Jujutsu Kaisen, and Naruto
>market heavily to children so that we have lifelong users
>pay influencers/streamers to stream our website and praise all the new game mechanics. People like xQc. He doesn't have any background in programming/CS? Who cares, just pay him to stream our website.
It's just that simple.
19 posts and 9 images omitted

/lmg/ - Local Models General

No.100166886 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
/lmg/ - a general dedicated to the discussion and development of local language models.

â–ºNews
>(04/24) Snowflake Arctic Instruct 128x3B MoE released: https://hf.co/Snowflake/snowflake-arctic-instruct
>(04/23) Phi-3 Mini model released: https://hf.co/microsoft/Phi-3-mini-128k-instruct-onnx
>(04/21) Llama3 70B pruned to 42B parameters: https://hf.co/chargoddard/llama3-42b-v0
>(04/18) Llama3 8B, 70B pretrained and instruction-tuned models released: https://llama.meta.com/llama3/
>(04/17) Mixtral-8x22B-Instruct-v0.1 released: https://mistral.ai/news/mixtral-8x22b/

â–ºNews Archive: https://rentry.org/lmg-news-archive
â–ºFAQ: https://wikia.schneedc.com
â–ºGlossary: https://rentry.org/lmg-glossary
â–ºLinks: https://rentry.org/LocalModelsLinks
â–ºOfficial /lmg/ card: https://files.catbox.moe/cbclyf.png

â–ºGetting Started
https://rentry.org/llama-mini-guide
https://rentry.org/8-step-llm-guide
https://rentry.org/llama_v2_sillytavern
https://rentry.org/lmg-spoonfeed-guide
https://rentry.org/rocm-llamacpp

â–ºFurther Learning
https://rentry.org/machine-learning-roadmap
https://rentry.org/llm-training
https://rentry.org/LocalModelsPapers

â–ºBenchmarks
Chatbot Arena: https://chat.lmsys.org/?leaderboard
Programming: https://hf.co/spaces/bigcode/bigcode-models-leaderboard
Censorship: https://hf.co/spaces/DontPlanToEnd/UGI-Leaderboard
Censorbench: https://codeberg.org/jts2323/censorbench

â–ºTools
Alpha Calculator: https://desmos.com/calculator/ffngla98yc
GGUF VRAM Calculator: https://hf.co/spaces/NyxKrage/LLM-Model-VRAM-Calculator
Sampler visualizer: https://artefact2.github.io/llm-sampling/index.xhtml

â–ºText Gen. UI, Inference Engines
https://github.com/oobabooga/text-generation-webui
https://github.com/LostRuins/koboldcpp
https://github.com/lmg-anon/mikupad
https://github.com/turboderp/exui
https://github.com/ggerganov/llama.cpp
273 posts and 28 images omitted

No.100131978 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
Stop getting nostalgic over proprietary software.
182 posts and 36 images omitted

Desktop Thread

No.100162027 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Post your desktop :-)
32 posts and 21 images omitted

No.100155727 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
mpv ffmpeg yt-dlp
92 posts and 23 images omitted