Donations to the archive would be appreciated to help fund our server hardware & storage drives. We are looking for developers to help build new software and archives, discuss here.

No.99709180 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I got my taxes back - 800€ what should I buy!?
26 posts and 8 images omitted

No.99711471 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
IEEE has gone woke.
95 posts and 10 images omitted

"AI is a Serious Danger to Math" –Japanese Mathematician

No.99712203 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
The legendary Japanese mathematician Shinichi Mochizuki, famous for inventing the Inter-Universal Teichmüller Theory (see https://www.kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~motizuki/Panoramic%20Overview%20of%20Inter-universal%20Teichmuller%20Theory.pdf ) and proving the abc conjecture with it, in a recent report (see https://www.kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~motizuki/Report%20on%20a%20certain%20series%20of%20preprints%20(2024-03.) pdf), expressed his fear of the use of AI in research mathematics, stating that because LLMs can do nothing more than produce sentences via "mechanically searched contextual concatenations [...] devoid of any human understanding", its rise in use could significantly slow down mathematical research.

How do the programmers of /g/ respond?
8 posts and 1 image omitted

/fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread

No.99697384 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about GNU/Linux and share their experiences.

*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread ***

Before asking for help, please check our list of resources.

If you would like to try out GNU/Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine.
1) Use a live image and to boot directly into the GNU/Linux distribution without installing anything.
2) Dual boot the GNU/Linux distribution of your choice along with Windows or macOS.
3) Go balls deep and replace everything with GNU/Linux.

Resources: Please spend at least a minute to check a web search engine with your question.
*Many free software projects have active mailing lists.

$ man %command%
$ info %command%
$ %command% -h/--help
$ help %builtin/keyword%

Don't know what to look for?
$ apropos %something%

Check the Wikis (most troubleshoots work for all distros):
https://wiki.archlinux.org
https://wiki.gentoo.org

/g/'s Wiki on GNU/Linux:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Category:GNU/Linux

https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/list_of_applications
https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Main_Page
https://www.commandlinefu.com/commands/browse
https://cheat.sh/
https://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide
https://www.grymoire.com/Unix/
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html
>How to break out of the botnet?
https://prism-break.org/en/categories/gnu-linux

/fglt/'s website and copypasta collection:
https://fglt.nl && https://p.teknik.io/wJ9Zy

/t/'s GNU/Linux Games: >>>/t/1175569

IRC: #sqt on Libera.Chat
https://fglt.nl/irc.html

163 posts and 12 images omitted

Will Temu Be Banned?

No.99680773 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
With TikTok getting banned in the US, will Temu be next?

TikTok and Temu are the US's #1 and #2 most downloaded and used apps.
135 posts and 14 images omitted

/sdg/ - Stable Diffusion General

No.99711131 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
Previous /sdg/ thread : >>99706459

Fooocus: https://github.com/lllyasviel/fooocus
EasyDiffusion: https://easydiffusion.github.io

Automatic1111: https://github.com/automatic1111/stable-diffusion-webui
ComfyUI (Node-based): https://rentry.org/comfyui
AMD GPU: https://rentry.org/sdg-link#amd-gpu
Intel GPU: https://rentry.org/sdg-link#intel-gpu

https://rentry.org/sdvae

Forge: https://github.com/lllyasviel/stable-diffusion-webui-forge
Anapnoe UX: https://github.com/anapnoe/stable-diffusion-webui-ux
Vladmandic: https://github.com/vladmandic/automatic

https://rentry.org/sdg-link#run-cloud-hosted-instance

txt2img: https://www.mage.space
img2img: https://huggingface.co/spaces/huggingface/diffuse-the-rest
Inpainting: https://huggingface.co/spaces/fffiloni/stable-diffusion-inpainting

https://civitai.com
https://huggingface.co
https://rentry.org/embeddings

https://rentry.org/AnimAnon
https://rentry.org/AnimAnon-AnimDiff
https://rentry.org/AnimAnon-Deforum

https://rentry.org/sdg-link#sdxl

https://codeberg.org/tekakutli/neuralnomicon
https://rentry.org/sdg-link
https://rentry.org/rentrysd

https://docs.getgrist.com/3mjouqRSdkBY/sdperformance
https://vladmandic.github.io/sd-extension-system-info/pages/benchmark.html

>Share image prompt info
4chan removes prompt info from images, share them with the following guide/site...
https://rentry.org/hdgcb
https://catbox.moe

>Related boards
>>>/h/hdg
>>>/e/edg
>>>/d/ddg
>>>/b/degen
>>>/vt/vtai
>>>/aco/sdg
>>>/trash/sdg

Official: discord.gg/stablediffusion
91 posts and 42 images omitted

/aicg/ - AI Chatbot General

No.99710526 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
333 posts and 39 images omitted

/ifg/ - Image Format General

No.99698711 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
AVIF - JXL - HEIF

Which will be the prefered image format of future generations?

Old thread:
>>99688088
94 posts and 19 images omitted

No.99710003 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
How do you see the future of GNU/Linux? Will there be a sudden breakthrough or the usual stagnation?

No.99710464 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
What brightness do you guys use for your monitor? Do you use a blue light filter?

I used 30% for daytime use and 10% at night, it helps me get sleepier early and sleep better. I have also been using blue light filter for as long as I remember. Couldn't imagine being eyeraped 24/7
3 posts omitted