Donations to the archive would be appreciated to help fund our server hardware & storage drives. We are looking for developers to help build new software and archives, discuss here.

No.100151712 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Do you use laptop stickers?
17 posts and 3 images omitted

No.100147947 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
10 posts and 3 images omitted

/lmg/ - Local Models General

No.100150326 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
/lmg/ - a general dedicated to the discussion and development of local language models.

â–ºNews
>(04/23) Phi-3 Mini model released: https://hf.co/microsoft/Phi-3-mini-128k-instruct-onnx
>(04/21) Llama3 70B pruned to 42B parameters: https://hf.co/chargoddard/llama3-42b-v0
>(04/18) Llama3 8B, 70B pretrained and instruction-tuned models released: https://llama.meta.com/llama3/
>(04/17) Mixtral-8x22B-Instruct-v0.1 released: https://mistral.ai/news/mixtral-8x22b/
>(04/15) Microsoft AI unreleases WizardLM 2: https://web.archive.org/web/20240415221214/https://wizardlm.github.io/WizardLM2/
>(04/09) Mistral releases Mixtral-8x22B: https://twitter.com/MistralAI/status/1777869263778291896

â–ºFAQ: https://wikia.schneedc.com
â–ºGlossary: https://archive.today/E013q | https://rentry.org/local_llm_glossary
â–ºLinks: https://rentry.org/LocalModelsLinks
â–ºOfficial /lmg/ card: https://files.catbox.moe/cbclyf.png

â–ºGetting Started
https://rentry.org/llama-mini-guide
https://rentry.org/8-step-llm-guide
https://rentry.org/llama_v2_sillytavern
https://rentry.org/lmg-spoonfeed-guide
https://rentry.org/rocm-llamacpp

â–ºFurther Learning
https://rentry.org/machine-learning-roadmap
https://rentry.org/llm-training
https://rentry.org/LocalModelsPapers

â–ºBenchmarks
Chatbot Arena: https://chat.lmsys.org/?leaderboard
Programming: https://hf.co/spaces/bigcode/bigcode-models-leaderboard
Censorship: https://hf.co/spaces/DontPlanToEnd/UGI-Leaderboard
Censorbench: https://codeberg.org/jts2323/censorbench

â–ºTools
Alpha Calculator: https://desmos.com/calculator/ffngla98yc
GGUF VRAM Calculator: https://hf.co/spaces/NyxKrage/LLM-Model-VRAM-Calculator
Sampler visualizer: https://artefact2.github.io/llm-sampling/index.xhtml

â–ºText Gen. UI, Inference Engines
https://github.com/oobabooga/text-generation-webui
https://github.com/LostRuins/koboldcpp
https://github.com/lmg-anon/mikupad
https://github.com/turboderp/exui
https://github.com/ggerganov/llama.cpp
306 posts and 80 images omitted

No.100152791 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
TikTok is now officially banned

The only non US social media competition has been barred from operating in US
78 posts and 10 images omitted

/fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread

No.100152520 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about GNU/Linux and share their experiences.

*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread ***

Before asking for help, please check our list of resources.

If you would like to try out GNU/Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine.
1) Use a live image and to boot directly into the GNU/Linux distribution without installing anything.
2) Dual boot the GNU/Linux distribution of your choice along with Windows or macOS.
3) Go balls deep and replace everything with GNU/Linux.

Resources: Please spend at least a minute to check a web search engine with your question.
*Many free software projects have active mailing lists.

$ man %command%
$ info %command%
$ %command% -h/--help
$ help %builtin/keyword%

Don't know what to look for?
$ apropos %something%

Check the Wikis (most troubleshoots work for all distros):
https://wiki.archlinux.org
https://wiki.gentoo.org

/g/'s Wiki on GNU/Linux:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Category:GNU/Linux

https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/list_of_applications
https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Main_Page
https://www.commandlinefu.com/commands/browse
https://cheat.sh/
https://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide
https://www.grymoire.com/Unix/
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html
>How to break out of the botnet?
https://prism-break.org/en/categories/gnu-linux

/fglt/'s website and copypasta collection:
https://fglt.nl && https://p.teknik.io/wJ9Zy

/t/'s GNU/Linux Games: >>>/t/1175569

IRC: #sqt on Libera.Chat
https://fglt.nl/irc.html

32 posts and 5 images omitted

No.100153489 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
This is just one step away from practical suicide. Why even bother living?

No.100145850 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>used to be able to just pay one time and receive software and use it
>now have to pay a monthly fee to keep said services
i dont like this trend
at all
18 posts omitted

No.100140305 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
Do you agree that we need to hold back on developing these overpowered CPUs/GPUs and focus on improving energy efficiency?

https://www.techradar.com/computing/its-time-for-amd-intel-and-nvidia-to-call-a-truce-on-the-performance-arms-race-and-focus-on-sustainability-and-efficiency

>For consumers who are barely tapping into the performance that an Nvidia RTX 4080 Super brings to the table, much less what an RTX 4090 or AMD RX 7900 offers, you have to ask if this kind of performance is worth the cost in terms of carbon emissions.

>And of course, this is only in terms of useful work, like video editing or gaming, and not for something like cryptocurrency mining, which has at best a marginal social utility, and whose cost in terms of energy usage in the aggregate far outstrips any practical benefit cryptocurrency has (unless you're really into criminal activity or need to launder some money).

>Regular old processors aren't immune either, with the current generation of Intel processors soaking up an extraordinary amount of energy. What you get for that energy draw is some incredible performance numbers, but for 97-98% of users, this kind of performance is absolutely unnecessary, even if users are using the appropriate processor for their needs.

>As hard as it may be to hear or accept, these three chipmakers must acknowledge that we don't have a performance problem, we have a sustainability problem. They should turn away from squeezing even more performance out of their hardware that we don't need, and give us the efficiency that is desperately needed, especially when these marginal increases in power are coming at far too high a cost.

>Some power users and enthusiasts might not like seeing decreasing power usage while maintaining roughly the same level of performance gen-on-gen, or slightly better performance but far less than with previous generations, but it's what needs to be done, and the sooner everyone acknowledges this and adapts, the better.
88 posts and 11 images omitted

Desktop Thread

No.100116657 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
Rate, Debate & Evaluate.
226 posts and 87 images omitted

/iemg/ & /pmpg/ - In-Ear Monitor & Portable Music Player General

No.100138556 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
Carbon fiber edition

How to request advice:
>Budget
>Intended use (media, source, environment)
>Frequency response preference (basshead, female vocal, treble sensitive, etc.)
>Past gear and your thoughts on them

FAQ:
>Where do I buy IEMs?
Amazon, Aliexpress, Linsoul, Hifigo, Shenzhenaudio, Bloom Audio, MusicTeck, Elise Audio (UK)

https://rentry.org/c8gqc

>Frequency Response Graph Tool
squig.link

>Budget Wire Over-Ear IEMs: