Donations to the archive would be appreciated to help fund our server hardware & storage drives. We are looking for developers to help build new software and archives, discuss here.

No.100095556 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Looks like a bad day for AI "artists".
4 posts omitted

/lmg/ - Local Models General

No.100089724 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
/lmg/ - a general dedicated to the discussion and development of local language models.

►News
>(04/18) Llama 3 8B, 70B pretrained and instruction-tuned models released: https://llama.meta.com/llama3/
>(04/17) Mixtral-8x22B-Instruct-v0.1 released: https://mistral.ai/news/mixtral-8x22b/
>(04/15) Microsoft AI unreleases WizardLM 2: https://web.archive.org/web/20240415221214/https://wizardlm.github.io/WizardLM2/
>(04/09) Mistral releases Mixtral-8x22B: https://twitter.com/MistralAI/status/1777869263778291896
>(04/09) Llama 3 coming in the next month: https://techcrunch.com/2024/04/09/meta-confirms-that-its-llama-3-open-source-llm-is-coming-in-the-next-month/

►FAQ: https://wikia.schneedc.com
►Glossary: https://archive.today/E013q | https://rentry.org/local_llm_glossary
►Links: https://rentry.org/LocalModelsLinks
►Official /lmg/ card: https://files.catbox.moe/cbclyf.png

►Getting Started
https://rentry.org/llama-mini-guide
https://rentry.org/8-step-llm-guide
https://rentry.org/llama_v2_sillytavern
https://rentry.org/lmg-spoonfeed-guide
https://rentry.org/rocm-llamacpp

►Further Learning
https://rentry.org/machine-learning-roadmap
https://rentry.org/llm-training
https://rentry.org/LocalModelsPapers

►Benchmarks
General Purpose:
https://hf.co/spaces/HuggingFaceH4/open_llm_leaderboard
https://hf.co/spaces/lmsys/chatbot-arena-leaderboard
Programming: https://hf.co/spaces/bigcode/bigcode-models-leaderboard
Censorbench: https://codeberg.org/jts2323/censorbench

►Tools
Alpha Calculator: https://desmos.com/calculator/ffngla98yc
GGUF VRAM Calculator: https://huggingface.co/spaces/NyxKrage/LLM-Model-VRAM-Calculator
Sampler visualizer: https://artefact2.github.io/llm-sampling/index.xhtml

►Text Gen. UI, Inference Engines
https://github.com/oobabooga/text-generation-webui
https://github.com/LostRuins/koboldcpp
https://github.com/lmg-anon/mikupad
https://github.com/turboderp/exui
https://github.com/ggerganov/llama.cpp
446 posts and 64 images omitted

No.100091272 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
>Be Rust dev
>Comfy and helpful community
>two-way interaction bewteen lang devs and users
>could do everything C/C++ can and everything C/C++ can't
>no pajeet in sight
What are you waiting for, white man? Forget about the trans meme (untrue). It's time to make programming great again.
98 posts and 8 images omitted

/fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread

No.100083738 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about GNU/Linux and share their experiences.

*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread ***

Before asking for help, please check our list of resources.

If you would like to try out GNU/Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine.
1) Use a live image and to boot directly into the GNU/Linux distribution without installing anything.
2) Dual boot the GNU/Linux distribution of your choice along with Windows or macOS.
3) Go balls deep and replace everything with GNU/Linux.

Resources: Please spend at least a minute to check a web search engine with your question.
*Many free software projects have active mailing lists.

$ man %command%
$ info %command%
$ %command% -h/--help
$ help %builtin/keyword%

Don't know what to look for?
$ apropos %something%

Check the Wikis (most troubleshoots work for all distros):
https://wiki.archlinux.org
https://wiki.gentoo.org

/g/'s Wiki on GNU/Linux:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Category:GNU/Linux

https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/list_of_applications
https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Main_Page
https://www.commandlinefu.com/commands/browse
https://cheat.sh/
https://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide
https://www.grymoire.com/Unix/
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html
>How to break out of the botnet?
https://prism-break.org/en/categories/gnu-linux

/fglt/'s website and copypasta collection:
https://fglt.nl && https://p.teknik.io/wJ9Zy

/t/'s GNU/Linux Games: >>>/t/1175569

IRC: #sqt on Libera.Chat
https://fglt.nl/irc.html

177 posts and 18 images omitted

No.100091625 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Is Obsidian any good?
13 posts omitted

No.100087614 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Are 100% keyboards ideal if your desk is large and you use your left hand for your mouse
Or are 100% keyboard worthless bloat?
20 posts and 4 images omitted

/aicg/ - AI Chatbot General

No.100093835 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
309 posts and 39 images omitted

/hsg/ - Home Server General

No.100090335 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Alien edition

Previous: >>100037711

READ THE WIKI! & help by contributing:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Home_server

>NAS Case Guide. Feel free to add to it:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Home_server/Case_guide

/hsg/ is about learning and expanding your horizons. Know all about NAS? Learn virtualization. Spun up some VMs? Learn about networking by standing up a OPNsense/PFsense box and configuring some VLANs. There's always more to learn and chances to grow. Think you’re god-tier already? Setup OpenStack and report back.

>What software should I run?
Install Gentoo. Or whatever flavor of *nix is best for the job or most comfy for you. Jellyfin/Emby/Plex to replace Netflix, Nextcloud to replace Googlel, Ampache/Navidrome to replace Spotify, the list goes on. Look at the awesome self-hosted list and ask.

>Why should I have a home server?
/hsg/ is about learning and expanding your horizons. De-botnet your life. Learn something new. Serving applications to yourself, your family, and your frens feels good. Put your tech skills to good use for yourself and those close to you. Store their data with proper availability redundancy and backups and serve it back to them with a /comfy/ easy to use interface.

>Links & resources
Cool stuff to host: https://gitlab.com/awesome-selfhosted/awesome-selfhosted
RouterOS's: https://wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Home_server#Custom
https://reddit.com/r/datahoarder
https://www.labgopher.com
https://www.reddit.com/r/homelab/wiki/index
https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Features
List of ARM-based SBCs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PGaVu0sPBEy5GgLM8N-CvHB2FESdlfBOdQKqLziJLhQ
Low-power x86 systems: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LHvT2fRp7I6Hf18LcSzsNnjp10VI-odvwZpQZKv_NCI
Cheap disks: https://shucks.top/ & https://diskprices.com/

Remember:
RAID protects you from DOWNTIME
BACKUPS protect you from DATA LOSS
50 posts and 14 images omitted

No.100095280 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Important poll to settle a debate about classes in programming and type theory
https://strawpoll.com/e7ZJGW0AKy3

What does it mean for a class A to be bigger than class B?
8 posts and 1 image omitted

KMV technology dogshit

No.100093481 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Is there a SINGLLE FUCKING VERSION OF THIS SHIT THAT WORKS!?
Barrier is shit,
Multiplicity is shit
Hardware is shit
Powertoys is shit
Input director is shit!
EVERYTHING IS SHIT
All I want is the ability to roam with my mouse across multiple displays, NO, THE LEVEL1TECHS DOESNT DO THAT, and to copy and paste / drag simple images and files across both and NOTHING DOES THAT

ALL of them have some feature defying but that REQUIRES you to hard reset because your mouse gets lodged in some corner and NOTHING YOU DO BESIDES A HARD RESET WILL FIX IT.

How is it that after 50 years of home computing NOTHING HAS SOLVED THIS ONE FUCKING ISSUE!?
3 posts omitted