2019-01-14: Both newly scraped images and full images are available again after making a deal with Cloudflare to disable caching. This gives us time to research alternative methods of serving full images. Donations would still help in case of image storage failure and we still need a new scraper.
The server is stable, but the scraper is at its final limits due to crippling resource use and cloudflare limits, so /gif/ and /wsg/ images are paused. Let's solve this: help build a new scraper. More details here.

/ptg - Private Turd General

No.70625353 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
Get out of my trackers.
Make a support ticket to close your private tracker accounts.

>Have a question?
- FAQ NO.
- WIKI Make a non sandwich and eat it.

Use >>>/g/ptg as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
I really don't care.
17 posts and 4 images omitted

No.70624147 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Zoomers are now posting childhood nostalgia for the 2007-2012 era. What things do you miss from the Internet of that time?
42 posts and 4 images omitted

Which distro to install ?

No.70626395 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>inb4 install gentoo
Hey, I want to get into python for web development, and from what i could tell, it's way easier to deploy and maintain a web app through linux. Now, i just want to know which distro do you consider to be the best, and why. Thanks and sorry if you find this question dumb.
1 post omitted

You can't make this shit up

No.70621558 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
>“Does Microsoft have any plans to end the current policy that financially incentivizes discriminatory hiring practices? To be clear, I am referring to the fact that senior leadership is awarded more money if they discriminate against Asians and white men,” read the original post by the Microsoft program manager on Yammer, a corporate messaging platform owned by Microsoft. The employee commented consistently throughout the thread, making similar arguments. Quartz reviewed lengthy sections of the internal discussion provided by Microsoft employees.
> “I have an ever-increasing file ofwhite male Microsoft employees who have faced outright and overt discrimination because they had the misfortune of being born both white and male. This is unacceptable,”
https://qz.com/1598345/microsoft-staff-are-openly-questioning-the-value-of-diversity/

This is history on the making, lads
183 posts and 14 images omitted

/fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread

No.70604996 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
Welcome to /fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread.

Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about GNU/Linux and share their experiences.

*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread ***

Before asking for help, please check our list of resources.

If you would like to try out GNU/Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine.
1) Use a live image and to boot directly into the GNU/Linux distribution without installing anything.
2) Dual boot the GNU/Linux distribution of your choice along with Windows or macOS.
3) Go balls deep and replace everything with GNU/Linux.

Resources: Please spend at least a minute to check a web search engine with your question.
*Many free software projects have active mailing lists.

$ man %command%
$ info %command%
$ %command% -h/--help
$ help %builtin/keyword%

Don't know what to look for?
$ apropos %something%

Check the Wikis (most troubleshoots work for all distros):
https://wiki.archlinux.org
https://wiki.gentoo.org

/g/'s Wiki on GNU/Linux:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Category:GNU/Linux

https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/list_of_applications
https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Main_Page
http://www.commandlinefu.com/
http://cheat.sh/
http://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide
http://www.grymoire.com/Unix/
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html
>How to break out of the botnet?
https://prism-break.org/en/categories/gnu-linux

/fglt/'s website and copypasta collection:
http://fglt.nl && https://p.teknik.io/wJ9Zy

/t/'s GNU/Linux Games: >>>/t/861783

218 posts and 26 images omitted

/pcbg/ - PC Building General

No.70616096 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
https://pcpartpicker.com/
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous >>70611781
55 posts and 10 images omitted

/csg/ - Chink Shit General

No.70607745 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
In /csg/, we discuss the cheap shit you see on AliExpress, Banggood, eBay, Gearbest, Taobao and similar sites.

http://chinkshit.xyz/random/

https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general

http://chinkshit.xyz/infographic.pdf

>News
• KZ ZST sucks >>70586965
• FOR ONLYOU >>70587499
• Chinked >>70588900
• Chinkduino arrives >>70591715 >>70599931 >>70605033
• Free key-chain >>70592539 >>70593449 >>70593508
• THICC flashlight >>70593560
• "No 'Dear friend' allowed" >>70593570
• "Please understand" >>70595933 >>70597022
• TRN V30's tested >>70596496 >>70605977
• KZ ZSN for audiophile >>70597813
• Chink router customer >>70597839
• Cutie patootie tank >>70598104
• Update on razor >>70598179 >>70598249
• "Dear friend" >>70599622
• "It hurts my business" >>70602169 >>70602628
• Laptop bag got home quickly >>70602443 >>70602490 >>70602503 >>70602532 >>70602552
• A Xiaomeme pillow? >>70602536 >>70602679
• Non-programming socks >>70603087

270 posts and 51 images omitted

/tpg/ - ThinkPad General

No.70604912 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport

Don't buy anything OTHER THAN IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad T, X, and W/P Series if you want the Real Business Experience™!
>Other business laptops are welcome in /tpg/ (Dell Latitude/Precision, HP EliteBook/ZBook).

Libreboot-compatible models:
>T60 (check lcd), X60(s/t.), X200(s/t. -s requires soldering), T400(s), T500, W500.

Modern models:
>X220/X230 - 12", 768p, cheap and light
>T420/T430 - 14", 900p, socketed CPU, quadcore-compatible
>T520/T530, W520/W530 - 15", 1080p, desktop replacement
>T440s/T450s - best price/performance ultraportable
>T440p, T540p, W540/1 - last models with socketed processors

Upgraded models:
>X210 - X200/X201, i5 8250U quadcore
>X62 - X61, i5 5250U
>T70 - T60, i7 7700HQ
High-res IPS displays, USB 3.0, M.2 x4, mini-DP
https://forum.51nb.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=117

Why ThinkPad?
>Used machines are plentiful and cheap
>Excellent keyboards - tactile feel and quiet
>Great durability: magnesium rollcage for structural integrity, high quality plastic body panels
>Utilitarian design: indicator LEDs, 7 row keyboard layout on older models
>Docking stations that easily turns your laptop into a desktop
>Easy to repair (most models), upgrade & maintain thanks to readily available service manuals for every model, spare parts easy & cheap to obtain
>The TrackPoint™, great for those who type a lot or hate niggers swiping their fingers all over a touchpad
>Excellent GNU/Linux & *BSD support

Helpful links:
https://dankpads.com/tpg/
https://github.com/Monkeyfume/thinkpad-tech-tree/blob/master/thinkpad-tech-tree.txt
https://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki
https://coreboot.org/status/board-status.html
>BIOS logo booru:
https://biosimage.booru.org
179 posts and 24 images omitted

Joe Armstrong is dead

No.70626380 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Press F to pay respects
4 posts omitted