2018-10-04: Search server active for recent posts, rebuilding for older posts. RebeccaBlackTech restored after host's storage had a 2nd SAN hiccup on 9/24. No damage, but we need to import posts from the a contingency scraper. Many thanks to our new tetrarchy of sysadmins who worked to fix this complex service after the loss of the original admin. More info later. Donations would still help in case of image storage failure and we still need a new scraper.
The server is stable, but the scraper is at its final limits due to crippling resource use and cloudflare limits, so /gif/ and /wsg/ images are paused. Let's solve this: help build a new scraper. More details here.

Threads by latest replies - Page 3

/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

No.68561702 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
Old thread: >>68551053

What are you working on, /g/?
191 posts and 20 images omitted

No.68563975 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
Damn.... Windows 10 be looking like THAT?
71 posts and 13 images omitted

No.68564765 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>practise extensively for coding test
>test is a problem you've never seen before
8 posts and 1 image omitted

No.68564664 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>sony stopped making compact phones
6 posts omitted

No.68539847 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
Post the oldest desktop screenshot you still have saved.
171 posts and 76 images omitted

No.68554586 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
Are programming socks a meme?
70 posts and 19 images omitted

Can you run Linux on the playstation 3?

No.68560419 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
What's it like?
56 posts and 2 images omitted

/fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread

No.68550603 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
This thread is for people who want to be big braned on GNU +Linux.

If you would like to try out GNU/Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine.
1) Use a live image and to boot directly into the GNU/Linux distribution without installing anything.
2) Dual boot the GNU/Linux distribution of your choice along with Windows or macOS.
3) Go balls deep and replace everything with GNU/Linux.

Resources: Please spend at least a minute to check a web search engine with your question.
*Many free software projects have active mailing lists.

$ man %command%
$ info %command%
$ help %builtin/keyword%
$ %command% -h
$ %command% --help

Don't know what to look for?
$ apropos %something%

Check the Wikis (most troubleshoots work for all distros):
https://wiki.archlinux.org
https://wiki.gentoo.org

/g/'s Wiki on GNU/Linux:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Category:GNU/Linux

https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/list_of_applications
https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Main_Page
http://www.commandlinefu.com/
http://cheat.sh/
http://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashGuide
http://www.grymoire.com/Unix/
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html
>How to break out of the botnet?
https://prism-break.org/en/categories/gnu-linux

/fglt/'s website and copypasta collection:
http://fglt.nl && https://p.teknik.io/wJ9Zy

/t/'s GNU/Linux Games: >>>/t/825628

113 posts and 11 images omitted

HELP

No.68562817 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm 21 and in the 4th year of a CS major.
Had an internship last semester that went well, got 18/20.
Only failed one subject so far, on the last semester of the 3rd year.
But
I have consistently struggled with most projects
This semester subjects got really hard and my test grades have plummeted
Starting to get this feeling I'm not cut out to be a soft dev
I have an IQ of 103 (literally brainlet tier)

How fucked am I?
Is the professional world of IT harder/easier than college?
Anyone have any experience with this?
16 posts and 1 image omitted

No.68554405 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Anyone else really disappointed about Google killing Inbox?
45 posts and 7 images omitted