Threads by latest replies - Page 4

Yes this is a Linux hate thread

No.62021613 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
> linux still doesnt work with two GCC compilers at the same time

I believe Windows fixed .dll hell 25 years ago. What's the hold up with Linux?
I'm pretty sick of seeing "/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found"

pic related, another genius move by Linux distro "opensuse". In order to upgrade, you simply have to edit a bunch of system configs by hand! How can Windows ever recover with its ultra convenient automatic silent safe undoable background update?
32 posts and 3 images omitted

/cyb/ + /sec/: Cyberpunk and Cybersecurity General:

No.62026792 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
/Cyb/er/sec/urity general is for the discussion of anything and everything related to cyberpunk and cybersecurity.

What is cyberpunk?
>https://pastebin.com/jS37Vu7A

Nothing to hide? - The importance of a cyberpunk mindset applied to a cybersecurity skillset.
>https://youtu.be/pcSlowAhvUk

Resources:
Cyberpunk:
Cyberpunk directory:
>https://pastebin.com/9JaJFqB2
Cyberpunk resources:
>https://pastebin.com/7DWCsAc8
FAQ Version 5 preview 5 is here:
>https://pastebin.com/HFqvkMR7

Cybersecurity:
Cybersecurity essentials:
>https://pastebin.com/JWx5xeEM
Cybersecurity resources:
>https://pastebin.com/NaUPUDF0

Harden your OS, reroute your DNS and fire up the VPN!
Shit just got real: - Looking for more resources, help is welcomed.
>https://pastebin.com/JXyM4fTe

The Old Skool: - Looking for more resources, help is welcomed.
>0ld 5k00l h4ck3rz: http://67.225.133.110/~gbpprorg/#40

IRC:
Join: irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
>#/g/punk - Requires SSL
>#/g/sec - Requires SSL
IRC guide:
>https://pastebin.com/bh3Uyq3a

Thread archive:
>https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/cyb/
>https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/sec/
>https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/%2Fcyb%2F%20%2Fsec%2F/

Thread backup:
>https://www.cyberpunked.org/

>>61981808

Suggestions for new resources are welcome.
The Gentoomen /sec/ community is looking for CTF team members, contact them at the IRC channel.
33 posts and 1 image omitted

No.62026696 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
Skype or Discord?
>inb4 "shitpost"
80 posts and 7 images omitted

/tpg/: ThinkPad General

No.62027164 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
IRC: #/tpg/ on irc.rizon.net

Other business laptops are also welcome in /tpg/ (e.g. Dell Latitude/Precision, HP EliteBook/ZBook).

https://pastebin.com/nBqTEbHn

https://pastebin.com/jVSuE175

http://ktgee.net/tpg

http://www.dankpads.com

http://pastebin.com/JVwVGVTW

http://pastebin.com/DYjEnVq1

>>62013681
91 posts and 12 images omitted

Neofetch Thread

No.62029296 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
24 posts and 9 images omitted

Harvard Thinks It’s Found the Next Einstein — and She’s 23

No.62031380 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Welp, /g/ BTFO once again.

Harvard Thinks It’s Found the Next Einstein — and She’s 23

https://archive.fo/yXafs
10 posts omitted

No.62026449 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>install google chrome
>fast, stable but eats at on of ram
>install firefox
>literally almost chrome at this point
>eats almost as much ram, uses more cpu and is losing extension support (only reason to use it)
>try edge
>install ublock origin from the m*crosoft store
>it's extremely fast
>it has unparalleled smooth scrolling
>it only uses 250mb of ram
>it has a built-in dark-mode
>the tab management is far superior to anything else

/g/ can shit on microsoft as much as they want, but when they want to design something, they always knock it out of the park. visual code studio, microsoft office, edge.

>inb4 botnet

every browser is a botnet.
9 posts omitted

/ntr/ - Netrunner official /g/ browser

No.62016683 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
We are making a web browser!
PREVIOUSLY >>61834915

In the face of recent changes in Firefox and Chrome some anons were asking for a /g/'s perfect web browser, we collected the most wanted here and plan on continuing with the creation.

To contribute follow the WORK PLAN, join the IRC to ask developers for a repo, and get to programming!
IRC on Rizon: #/g/netrunner

Website: https://retrotech.eu/netrunner/
Old website: https://retrotech.eu/netrunner/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCes2uiC-4xSBwqnldCFbh4Q
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Team_NetRunner

Gitgud: https://gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/
Teknik: https://git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner
Github: https://github.com/5yph3r/Netrunner

- Host project at savannah.nongnu.org
- Set bug tracker and mailing list in Savannah.

>WORK PLAN
1. Browse links2 source code (you can use Ctags for tagging functions and files).
2. Expose API and give access to everything (scripting through executables is planned).
3. Give total control over the DOM, put options in files inside a hierarchical folder structure referencing sites and subsites.
4. Implement a link grabber for every link and media type to be parsed by scripts and independent applications.
5. Create an uncomplicated switch to general security profiles located in saved files.
6. Implement ncurses simple tree style graphics for bookmarks, tabs, advanced security policies by site, etc.
7. Work in the framebuffer graphics rendering.
8. Open API to javascript support (version 2.1pre28 of links2 had javascript enabled).
9. Cache, logs, cookies, and other data storage options.
10. Ports routing proxy management.
11. Vim/Emacs modes, dwb hints and quickmarks.
12. Optionally add parser for HTML, DJVU, PDF, epub, etc.?

FEATURES https://pastebin.com/bnUU6kcu
FAQ https://pastebin.com/gjp7QmQJ
108 posts and 16 images omitted

AMD FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

No.62025970 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Intel just unveiled a 16-core CPU for $499.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11720/more-denverton-noise-gigabytes-ma10st0-features-unannounced-16core-c3958

Threadripper is absolutely finished now, it was top-dog for, how long? A week at best? This is pretty embarrassing for AMD.
19 posts and 2 images omitted

Tech conferences?

No.62027830 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Have you ever gone to one of the tech conferences? I have a job (1st job out of college) and my work will pay me to go to one conference per year. I can pick pretty much any one of them.

I've been thinking about going to one of the Linux conferences but they might be weird.

At Linuxcon, they have these "communication stickers" that you put on your badge that tells others how socially dysfunctional you are.

>Green: pls talk to me
>Yellow: don't talk to me if i don't know you
>Red: do not approach me at all

Is this a typical occurrence at Linux conventions?
Are Linux users so introverted and timid that they need a special sticker to tell people not to approach them?
14 posts and 3 images omitted