Threads by latest replies - Page 6

/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

No.65162981 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
Post your questions here

>Linux related >>>/g/linux

Read >>51971506

redirect new friends creating their own threads with >>>/g/sqt

331 posts and 47 images omitted

No.65169343 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
T400 w/ Intel Core 2 Duo for $100 CAD, free shipping. No RAM or HDD (Both on hand), battery life unknown.
11 posts and 3 images omitted

/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

No.65168762 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
What are you working on, /g/ ?

318 posts and 30 images omitted

home server general - /hsg/

No.65167355 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
home server general - /hsg/

comfy behind-the-sofa homeserver edition!
+ run your own DNS server edition:
+ RISCV Homeservers NOW
Are you interested in learning Linux or BSD administration and configuration better. Becoming a systemd expert? Or maybe you hate that shit and want a cozy little BSD machine to run services on and interact with. Or practice more advanced and complicated networking setups.

> LKML is hosted on somebodys homeserver!
> Everybody is switching away from freebsd, nobody knows why

> or use and join
13 posts omitted

No.65167392 View ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
>hey, this is your Uber (lack of) driver. Am on top of you
334 posts and 43 images omitted

No.65169682 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Thoughts on Win7 as a daily driver?
6 posts and 2 images omitted

How do we get rid of this shit?

No.65173349 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
> Funded by SJW company
> One of the most ugly syntaxes ever
> Claims to be "safe" (using thousands of unsafe blocks)
> Have a glorified marketing around a static analyzer embed into compiler to catch normies and brainlets.
> Annoying evangelism
> Literally NONE (ZERO) relevant stuff using it beside some tools trying to prove "how muh superior language"
> Retarded release model.
> One of the most obnoxious communities that i ever found.
1 post and 1 image omitted

/fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux thread

No.65172540 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
old thread: >>65151039

/fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread
Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about GNU/Linux and share their experiences.

*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread ***

Before asking for help, please check our list of resources.

If you would like to try out GNU/Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine.
1) Use a live image and to boot directly into the GNU/Linux distribution without installing anything.
2) Dual boot the GNU/Linux distribution of your choice along with Windows or macOS.
3) Go balls deep and replace everything with GNU/Linux.

Resources: Your friendly search engine, mailing lists...
>b-but what search engines respect my privacy and freedom of speech?
Try qwant, searx, ixquick or startpage.
>b-but what e-mail providers respect my privacy and freedom of speech?
Try protonmail or disroot

$ man %command%
$ info %command%
$ help %command%
$ %command% -h
$ %command% --help

Don't know what to look for?
$ apropos %something%

Check the Wikis (most troubleshoots work for all distros):

/g/'s Wiki on GNU/Linux:

>What distro should I choose?
>What are some cool programs?
>What are some cool terminal commands?
>Where can I learn the command line?
>Where can I learn more about Free Software?
>How to break out of the botnet?

/fglt/'s website and copypasta collection: &&
14 posts and 3 images omitted

No.65171298 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
What browser does /g/ use?
38 posts and 8 images omitted

No.65173257 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Post details of Linux admin books that are good quality and definitely worth buying