[ cgl / g / mu ] [ index / top / reports / FAQ / DAAS / status / transparency / fuuka ] [ img-search ]
As Dark As My Soul v2 Yotsuba Green

/g/ - Technology (Full Images)

Now with more hardware failures. Any spare hardware to replace Dell OptiPlex 755?
View post   

File: 475 KB, 533x1599, deep web.png [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
34482046 No. 34482046 [Reply] [Original]

What exactly is the difference between the so called, "Deep Web," and the "Dark Web," or "Darknet?"

Is Tor-only websites considered Deep Web or Darknet? Or are these just the same thing?

>> No. 34482082

>>34482046
you just got trolled faggot

>> No. 34482089

>that image
top lel
>mariana web
toppest lel

>> No. 34482128

Trolling aside, I've never understood why it was called "Mariana Web."
Is it referring to the sauce?

>> No. 34482141

It's just shit that won't get cached or indexed by search engines.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Web
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Internet

>> No. 34482161

>>34482046
The Marianas trench is the deepest trench in the world. Therefore, Marinana=Deep. But really, how can you post something like this and expect not to be ridiculed.
>You're retarded

>> No. 34482175

>>34482128

Some deep ass trench. Note, it's a master trole some /b/tards (and myself) started in 2011.

>> No. 34482183

>>34482161
Only pic I had.

>> No. 34482194

>>34482128
the original name was "marinaras web"

>> No. 34482308
File: 25 KB, 471x475, Jack and Kev.jpg [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
34482308

>>34482175

Everyone look out! We got ourselves a master trickster anonymoose over here!

>> No. 34482381

>>34482308

XDDDD YOU BET LE LE

>> No. 34482387

>>34482141
Then why do you need Tor if it just isn't cached or indexed by search engines, tripfag?

>> No. 34482398

>>34482046

>effects

>> No. 34482406

>>34482387

I always thought it was cool that most of tor is on google. site:tor2web.org

>> No. 34482439

>>34482406
tor2web accesses the tor web via their server and sends it to you.

Tor is still required.

>> No. 34482462

>>34482439

Not by the viewer. I get where you're coming from though.

>> No. 34482466
File: 39 KB, 973x867, tripfriends.gif [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
34482466

>>34482387
Because it's using modified version of HTTP(S) that tunnels through multiple computers and servers, right?

>>34482439
tor2web uses the Tor protocol on their servers, Tor doesn't have to be installed on your computer to access those sites.

>> No. 34482560
File: 490 KB, 482x700, 1369542260218.png [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
34482560

>>34482466
But Tor is still required to view the content.
It doesn't have to be installed on your computer because you are viewing it by proxy.

And because of tor2web, it *is* cached on search engines.

My website isn't on any search engines, does that mean it is on the Tor network?
No, because Tor isn't needed at all to view it.

>> No. 34482656
File: 109 KB, 960x742, What the fuck am I reading.jpg [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
34482656

>>34482560
>My website isn't on any search engines, does that mean it is on the Tor network?
>No, because Tor isn't needed at all to view it.

>what is robots.txt
>what is not having your domain's URL linked on any other web pages that ARE cached

>> No. 34482682

>>34482656
I do enforce robots.txt, and it's not linked by any other sites.

What is your point, tripfag?

>> No. 34482697

>>34482682
I think that you're arguing for the sake of arguing, and I don't think you quite understand that we have the same viewpoint...

>> No. 34482711

>>34482697
I'm under the impression that you think that the only security Tor addresses have is not being on Google.

>> No. 34482804
File: 103 KB, 466x612, linkin park.jpg [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
34482804

>>34482711
I'm under the impression that you are jealous of my tripfriend status.

>> No. 34482825

>>34482046
Deep web is all non indexed internet
Dark web and net are the parts for drugs and killing

>> No. 34482884

>>34482825
also there is more than just tor shit out there

>> No. 34486138
File: 374 KB, 708x860, deep web.png [Show reposts] Image search: [google] [iqdb]
34486138

>>34482046
<-- this might interest you OP

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Action