2018-12-13: Provider mandated maintenance on the search server will begin 2018-12-14 UTC-0 09:30-10:30, and may require the search to be powered off from 03:00-15:00.
Year-end planned maintenance on the full image server to replace degraded parity drive is also suggested by the Tetrarchy for 12-28 to 1-06, TBA. Donations would still help in case of image storage failure and we still need a new scraper.
The server is stable, but the scraper is at its final limits due to crippling resource use and cloudflare limits, so /gif/ and /wsg/ images are paused. Let's solve this: help build a new scraper. More details here.
[24 / 1 / ?]

/Jazz/

No.84499584 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Did you guys know about this new posthumous John Coltrane 2018 release? I just put it on for the first time just now, think I'm gonna enjoy it a lot. Hoping I get clean this weekend but we'll see what happens, tonight and probably tomorrow I'm still going to dopesville. As a prompt for this thread, how did you get into jazz? what was the first jazz album you listened to and what was your first impression of it and the genre as a whole?